Bible Study Organization

Today I want to share with you how I organize all of my Bible study tools.  I re-purposed a basket I already had on hand so no expense was involved.

What makes this nice is that when I am studying my Bible all of my essentials are right at hand and it is portable.  I have my Bible, my notebook, pens and highlighters, post it notes, scripture memorization card holder, prayer card notebook and current books I am reading all together in the same place.  I like the fact that it is portable because in warmer weather I do my Bible study on either my front porch or back deck and this allows me to pick it up and go to a new location with ease.


As you can probably see from this picture I have two Bibles in my basket.  One is my NKJV and the other is my new NIV Life Application Study Bible that I bought myself with my Christmas money and I LOVE it (thanks Lysa Terkeurst for the recommendation).  We do have other versions of the Bible that I refer to as well.
  
Soon I will be posting my personal Bible Study Binder and Prayer Journal. 

What about you?  Do you have some special way that you organize your Bible study essentials?  Do you have a particular place and / or time you do your Bible study?  I would love to hear from you.  

9 comments:

  1. Love the idea of creating one space for Bible study supplies! I definitely need to do this.

    P.S. Stopping by from Thriving Thursdays at Serving Joyfully. Would love to have you stop by and visit me at my blog: http://www.domesticblissdiaries.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alana thank you for stopping by. I will be posting over the next week or so several other of my bible study organizing ideas that I use. I hope you will check back. I will def check out your page!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I received a really cute basket for Christmas that would work perfectly, I think I'll put this on my weekend to-do list :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting. I am glad you like the idea. I love having mine all together.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this idea - Hubs will like it so much better for all my study stuff to be in one place. =0 I love to study and read, but sometimes it is just such a hassle to get it all together. Now I will have no excuse to meet the Lord! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni - Thank you for stopping by. It does make it much easier when everything is all together. :)

      Delete
  4. Ok, loving the idea of being able to find everything I need quickly! Thinking I may need something smaller as it will keep me more focused~ force me to reshelve one book in order to begin study in another ;) I have a small house, so anything not shelved is messy looking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have most of my books on my book shelf as well. I keep my praying parent and wife book in my basket because I always seem to be using them and then usually just a couple others that I am reading at the moment. Thank you so much for your comment. I am glad you like the idea!

      Delete
  5. Oh I can't wait to read it! I love this idea, especially having the pens and post its in one place. I keep my Bible and books together on a shelf, but I also have a bag that I carry it around in when I want it to be portable.

    I don't have any particular time and the place is usually in "MY" corner of the living room. Although if it's a beautiful sunny day I might go out on the back deck and sit in the sun.

    Thanks for linking up to "Making Your Home Sing Monday" today! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..